The Summer Festivals in the Castle of Les Baux-de-Provence are being held this year with a new programme of family, entertaining, and instructive activities. Every weekend, on public holidays, long weekends, and during school holidays, from 7 April to 31 August (from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.), various events and workshops retrace the history of the Castle of Les Baux-de-Provence from the tenth to the twenty-first century.
In summertime, children and adults alike will be taken on a journey back in time. Visitors will discover the rich history of the Castle of Les Baux-de-Provence. It will take them on a journey through the centuries, from the Middle Ages to the refinement of the Renaissance, and the Félibre poets of the nineteenth century. The itinerary will then enable visitors to discover twentieth-century artists and celebrities, such as Picasso, Cocteau, Clergue, the princely family of Monaco, and so on.
The tour of the castle will include various events that will reveal the secrets of one of the most fascinating historical sites in France:
- Demonstrations of siege weapons at 11:00 a.m.
- An introduction to firing the trebuchet with the master of arms at 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
- A crossbow workshop for adults and children, from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Workshops demonstrating the many skills of craftsmen (a blacksmith, saddle maker, sculptor, shoemaker, etc.), from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sketches illustrating events in the castle’s history, at 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.